Friday, February 12, 2010

My new mistress

A few posts filled with writing (in Finnish! I know I bore you to death, sorry), so I thought I´d go with pics this time. I´ve been waiting for several years to finally be able to buy new sewing machine. I would´ve liked to buy the coverlock first, but you can´t have everything at once so I had to get the more important one first.

Go!

Now I have 8 (!!!) different kinds of presser foots, including this, my new favorite, see-trough foot for appliques etc. It has a hole in the middle, so you can attach strings or thread while sewing. I LOVE IT! Also fell in love with the buttonhole maker - it memorizes the first hole and makes the rest exactly the same size. How cool!

It´s a bit overwhelming with all the buttons, but in general the machine is very easy to use.

Is there any kind of stitch it doesn´t have??

I´ve drooled over Activa for years, even test drove it several times. The only thing against it was that it´s electronic instead of mechanic. I like mechanic machines - if there´s trouble, you can throw it against the wall and it works again, if this breaks, you need computer analyst skills.. But I desperately needed several features this one has, AND it can actually sew thicker fabrics than Bernina 1008 (which I still yearn for and which was the alternative). So let´s see how it goes..

It even has its own little closet for all the supplies. I bought several extra presser foots but forgot to ask for another shelf.. So it´s a bit crowded when they´re all there :).

Best thing ever is the knee lift. I´ve missed it so much since school ended. Actually this was the final thing that concluded my desicion between Activa and 1008 :). The machine also has a needle threader, which is quite handy when you´re sewing late at night :).


Survived this far? Seems it´s impossible for me not to babble endlessly... Well here´s a treat for you, a glimpse of our mother-daughter day ;).

9 comments:

Nina said...

Ooh.. Tää olis vähän kade. :)

Erika Mulvenna said...

That is a sweet Bernina! Don't you absolutely love the freehand system? I still try to use it with my knee when sewing on other machines. ;-)

Suvi said...

Vaikuttaa pätevältä laitteelta! Onnea!

Päivi Eerola said...

Hieno ompelukone! Minusta elektroniset on niiiin paljon parempia kuin mekaaniset. En jaksaisi sitä alituista ompeleiden hankalaa säätöä yms.

Edelliseen postaukseesi: samoja kokemuksia. Haluaisin tilata Suomesta, mutta tosiasiassa olen löytänyt vain muutaman kaupan, jossa on vastaava valikoima ja palvelu kuin ulkomailla. USAlaiset palvelevat tosi hyvin ja englantilaiset ovat tulossa perässä. Saksalaisista on myös hyviä kokemuksia. Ranskalaisiakin olen käyttänyt, vain kieli on vähän ongelma.

Anonymous said...

onnea uudelle koneelle, toivottavasti olette onnellisia yhdessä ;) kerrotko meille epä-ammattilaisille että mikä toi polvijuttu on tai siis että mitä sillä tehdään?

Susanna said...

Nimetön, polvinostin on ihana! Se tulee siis pöydän alle jalan viereen, ja jalkaa vähän liikauttamalla nousee paininjalka ja tässä koneessa myös laskee syöttäjä (=ne piikit paininjalan alla mitkä liikuttaa kangasta). Näin saa kädet vapaaksi ohjaamaan työtä, vaihtamaan asentoa jne. Mahtavaa! Aika moniin koneisiin saa tällaisen lisävarusteena, tässä kuului pakettiin.

Artesanity said...

Jestamandeera mikä masiina! Tykkäsin kans alimmasta kuvasta :)

Eveliina said...

Mieletön hitech-peli sulla. Onneksi en osais edes käyttää tollasta niin ei tarvitse olla kateellinen :D

Suvi W said...

Meillä on koulussa noita samoja, mutta vanhempaa mallia.. ilmeisesti... kuvittelisin... enkä tykää niistä. Sanoisinko, että niistä on tommonen hieno "elektroniikka" kaukana.. eikä oo mitää polvinostinta (josta oon oikeesti sika kade!!)

Mutta ehkä toi uus on sata kertaa parempi. ;)